If you smell gas or suspect an appliance is dangerous, call Southern Gas Networks (formerly Transco) IMMEDIATELY on 0800 111999
(Southern Gas Networks provide a free emergency service)
Aura Gas can also help if you have any other plumbing, central heating & gas emergencies.
Just give us a call on 02392 252171 (24 hour)
What to do in a gas emergency
- Are you experiencing any of the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning?
- Can you smell gas?
- Are there any danger signs on or around the appliance?
Act quickly and take the following safety steps:
- Open all doors and windows to ventilate the room. Get fresh air immediately.
- Switch off the appliance and do not reuse until it has been checked by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
- Shut off the gas supply at the mains (if you know where this is).
- Call the Gas Safety number (see above).
- Visit your GP or the hospital immediately and tell them that you believe your symptoms may be related to carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Contact Aura Gas to carry out the necessary repairs to the appliance.